Vegan Food & Café
In our kitchen we work as far as possible with fresh organic food, preferably from our region and partially from our own garden.
We use exclusively non-animal produce for all our delicious homemade dishes and we can almost promise that even those who are otherwise convinced meat eaters will not miss anything during their vacation in Little Swedenvillage.
In our kitchen we cook your delicious food with lots of love. On warm summer days you can sit outside on the terrace in the lunch green countryside and eat.
In the dining room´s play corner are plenty of toys and games for the youngest so that the adults can eat while the children are playing.
Drink an extra cup of fairtrade coffee or herbal tea or just sit there and talk while the kids play. All to create the right holiday feeling for the whole family.
Is served from June the 27 – august the 17 between 8:00 – 10:00 o’clock. Breakfast is included in the price.
In the morning we offer a generous, delicious and nutritious breakfast buffet that will give you the best conditions to start your day greatly.
Our guests´ well-being and health is very important to us in Little Swedenvillage. Therefore, we prepare a healthy and varied breakfast with extra veggies and fruit that provide everything you need for a good start of your day.
• Hot and cold drinks are included.
• Eat as much as you like.
• You can book breakfast even if you are not staying with us. (100 sek, children 3-12 years 50 sek, 0-3 years eat for free).
• Breakfast is included if you stay with us.
Lunch and dinner
From 2017, dinner is NOT included in the price anymore. Please book your dinner at the latest the morning of the same day, it will be paid in the Reception or directly on our homepage in connection with your booking!
Every day of the week, we serve filling and delicious soup buffet, consisting of two different vegan soups and a colorful pick-your-own
Salad buffet, more information below.
We serve dinner between july the 1 – august 16 from 6.00pm till 8.00pm.
Price: 120 sek for adult, 60 sek for children up to 12 years, free for children up to 3 years.
Pre-book your dinner here.
Please let us know any special diet requests or food allergies in advance by emailing us.
Every evening we serve a daily changing, freshly cooked soup of the day as a warming main meal. We don’t like food-waste at all which is why we also serve the soup of the day before, which tastes even better a day later (something our grandmothers already knew). Daily we also serve infinite spaghetti and freshly cooked, delicious lentil-bolognese sauce which is a hit with our little guests. All this is accompanied by a rainbow colored pick-your-own-salad veggie selection which varies by season and can include different kinds of lettuce, corn, tomato, cucumbers, peppers, onions, green peas, mushrooms, red cabbage, cabbage, carrot, radishes, zucchini-spirals, beetroot, feferoni, olives, bean mix, a dressing and crispbread. Yum!
• In our reception and café, you can buy healthy and tasty vegetable soups from MindFuel, made out of organic ingredients only! You simply add hot water and stir to have a nutritious and filling meal!
• Bring your own food to cook in the self-catering kitchen (or “your” kitchen in case you have booked a cottage with its own kitchen).
• Borrow a barbecue grill (free of charge). At the reception you can also buy charcoal, good vegan barbecue packages (consisting of sausage, burger, steak) and sides (sauces, bread, vegetables etc.).
• Ask in our reception for recommendations on restaurants in Vimmerby.
• Reception is open daily from the 26 of june till the 16 of august between 3-8pm.
Café & Ice cream
Our Garden Café is connected to the reception and is open from the 26 of june till 16 of august daily between 3-8pm.
Do not miss out and try our amazing ice-cream specialties EIZmagic, made from organic rice milk and frozen fruit. Which fruits you want to mix in your ice cream is totally up to you. Whatever you decide on, it only takes a few seconds till your very own ice cream comes out of the machine!
You can also enjoy a cup of freshly brewed hot coffee or tea alongside a home baked cookie at one of our idyllic garden tables in the café garden.
For the hungry ones, we recommend to try the café’s vegan hot sandwiches:
– “Garden Sandwich” filled with fresh tomatoes, cheese and basil.
– “Forest Sandwich” filled with blueberries or lingonberries.
– “Jungle Sandwich” filled with banana and dark chocolate.
Souvenirs, Candy & Other
At the reception we also offer a few things one should not forget during the holidays.
• Natural sweets & chocolate
• Selection of souvenirs and literature
All the goods we sell are organic, vegan and without chemical additives.